Information for Participants
If you would like to be a participant for a 2017 Indy Convergence event, please go to our application page and submit an application now extended through April 7!
NEW this year – We are pleased to announce that all participants will receive a $300 living stipend to attend the 2017 Convergence. This stipend is made possible through the generous support of Lilly Endowment Inc.
Indianapolis: June 5-16
2611 W Michigan Street 46222
Parking is available across the street in the Kroger lot
If you are an out-of-town participant you will be housed in the homes of generous Indianapolis residents or at Central State Mansion. Each participant will have access to a full kitchen, bathroom, laundry facilities, and wifi.
How to get here
If you are flying to Indianapolis, please fly into the Indianapolis International Airport. We will be in contact with participants to coordinate pick-ups at the airport so there is no need for you to rent a car or take a shuttle. Indianapolis is still a “car” city with some, but often infrequent public transportation options. If you would like to rent a car, there are several options available at the airport.
NEW! Across from our new building there are “Blue Indy” electric cars you can rent. These are a great, reasonably priced and environmentally friendly way to explore Indianapolis while you are not in rehearsals. Blue Indy cars are also available at the airport.
What else we provide:
- NEW! $300 living stipend to all participants
- We provide housing, in-town transportation, all project materials, two rehearsal spaces, great artists and lots of coffee! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
What to Expect
Indy Convergence is designed to bring artists out of their comfort zones while providing an atmosphere of encouragement and camaraderie. We encourage artists to try new ways of creating, a trade you’ve never attempted all while honing your skills as a professional artist. If you are a director you will be asked to act, if you are a dancer you may find yourself singing, if you are visual artist you might learn how to run a light board.
- We believe letting go of fear and broadening your experience is a never ending and vital part of being an artist
- Learning how to collaborate with a small and diverse group of artists will give you the tools to self produce when you return home.
Participating in The Indy Convergence will provide an opportunity to form relationships with professional artists from around the country and remind you just how much can be accomplished when artists put their minds to it.
Our residency is intentionally designed to be an artistic pressure cooker for our participants. The days are often long, 10 hours or more, and require a willingness to collaborate with a broad group of artists. If you working collaboratively isn’t your thing, this might not be the best residency opportunity for you. The most honest thing we can tell you is, you will be tired, it will push your limits, and we are all in it together.
- $20 application fee to offset administrative costs
- Fully refundable $300 deposit for all participants. This deposit secures your spot at IC, your housing, and allows us to replace an artist if they are unable to attend. The artists at IC create an ensemble, and the commitment to attend is to your own work and the work of other artists. The deposit is there to protect your work and to respect the work of your peers.
- There is no fee to attend
Please email email@example.com with questions. Thank you!