Information for Participants
Applications for the 12th Residency will open on Monday November 29 and close Friday, January 7 at 11:59EST.
Indianapolis: April 27- May 6
Arrival day: April 26
Residency April 27-May 6
Open Lab Performance: May 6
Departure day: May 7
What to Expect
Indy Convergence is designed to bring artists out of their comfort zones while providing an atmosphere of encouragement and camaraderie. We encourage artists to try a trade you’ve never attempted all while honing your skills as a professional artist. This year we will expand to include scietists to help create works with a research element, question, or context (we’re so excited!).
- All participants will receive a $1,200 stipend
- Out-of-town participants will receive housing and a travel stipend (based on home location)
- Everyone will participate in daily warm-up classes taught for all levels.
- Participants are expected to be availbe for the entire 10-day residency (even our Indianapolis participants).
- Participants are asked to attend all workshops and umbrella project rehearslas
- All participants will be involved in at least two Side Projects (either as the creator or contributor).
- The residency concludes with an informal show (with some technical elements) on the final day of the resideny. Please do not plan to leave on the evening of the final day.
- This is a collaborative residency where you’ll have the opportunity be a creator, participant, teacher, and student.
- Participants should be prepared for 10 hour days- bring your vitamins!
- Fully refundable $300 deposit for all participants. This deposit secures your spot at IC, and allows us to replace an artist if you are unable to attend. The artists at IC create an ensemble, and the commitment to attend is to your own work and the work of other artists. The deposit is there to protect your work and to respect the work of your peers.
- There is no fee to attend
@ 2611 W Michigan Street 46222
If you are an out-of-town participant you will be housed in a large, beautiful, hisotric home. All out-of-town participants will have thier own bedroom and shared living spaces. There will be one daily pick-up for out of town participants and two drop off times for those without cars. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with special housing needs (no stairs, access to running trail, severe allergies etc)
Please email email@example.com. Thank you!